< -----POKER GOLD-----: Las Vegas Trip

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Las Vegas Trip

I just made a recent trip to Las Vegas May 17-21, 2006. I had all intentions of playing a lot of poker, both tournaments & money games. As it turns out I only played in one tournment & one money game session for about 2 hrs.

It was my first live tournament, a $60 buyin which was held at Bally's. I wasn't getting cards early and the blinds were going up every 15 minutes. I was down to 1200 of my 2000 chips, when I called an allin move with big slick with one caller behind who held AJ. The original allin move held 10 10. I caught a King on the flop only to see a 10 on the turn. With that card my tournament was over. I did have fun playing and look forward to more live tournaments.
The money game session was a lot better. Played $1-2 no limit at the IP ($100 max buyin). Found myself allin fairly early with a nut strait.

The rest of the trip was a blast. 9 of us went down, we all stayed at the IP. There was lot's of gamling and drinking. We did manage to catch one show, a cirque show...KA. It was worth the $$. We also ate very well at some nice restaurants and buffets. 3 worth mentioning were the Samba restaurant at the Mirage, the spice market seafood buffet at the Alladin, and the best deal in town was the $4.95 steak special at Ellis Island.

Look forward to going back.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger actyper said...

Good stuff, can't wait until I go one day! I'll add you to my blogroll later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home