< -----POKER GOLD-----: Gold & Oil

Friday, June 09, 2006

Gold & Oil

It's time to talk about something other than poker. If anyone follows the Gold market, they know that it's been getting hit hard the past few weeks. I hold several gold and silver securities and have held on to them during this latest correction. Long term, I still believe that gold & silver will go much higher than their current levels.

The other correction has been in the oil & gas market. My favorite oil play is Opti Canada, which is an oil sands play right here in Alberta. It's not really talked about, probably because it doesn't go into production until 2007. My second favorite oil play is Calvalley Petroleum, which is an oil play in Yemen. This one has a lot more risk than the Opti play in Alberta. Like gold & silver, I am a strong believer that the oil price will stay high and therefore I am a long term holder of these securities.

Perhaps a buying opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home