< -----POKER GOLD-----: Time to REASSESS my game and set some GOALS

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Time to REASSESS my game and set some GOALS

Like anything, once in a while we all need to assess ourselves and make some changes. That's where I feel my poker game is at.

The one thing I’ve noticed is a lot of players doing is setting Goals for themselves; usually monthly or yearly monetary goals & improving their game.

I used most of my Bankroll to fund my Vegas trip in May. I’ve slowly clawed my way back to almost a $1000 bankroll. I gave myself a new goal of building it up to $3000 by May, 2007. My only long term goal (which I set about a year ago) was to hopefully play in the WSOP or another Championship event one day. I’m not sure if that’ll ever be possible, maybe it’s like a lot of people thinking they can win the lottery.

The $3000 bankroll goal is pretty generic and not very specific, and I'd like to think too low. The last few weeks I feel like I’m just floating around the poker sites without a real purpose or strategy. I know I could be building up a bankroll more efficiently than I’m doing now. I also know I need to move up in limits, I’ve been stuck playing NL $.25/.50 or $.5/1. I feel like I need to improve my game before I do that. I’d also feel better about moving up if I had a larger bankroll to handle the swings.

I guess I’m looking for a strategy to build up my bankroll more efficiently and progress as a poker player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home