< -----POKER GOLD-----: Bankroll ( I need your help)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bankroll ( I need your help)

I’m toying with the idea of moving up in limits, so anyone reading this, I’m soliciting your thoughts/idea’s.

Where I’m at…
I’m usually GRINDING things out at the $.5/$1.00 NL tables. I’m really comfortable playing $.5/$1.00 NL (100NL). I’ve ventured to the 200NL $1/$2 tables a couple of times. My current bankroll is around 3K. I also plan on using part of my bankroll for a future Vegas trip in 2007.

I’ve read all about a person’s bankroll being about 300BB for the limits you play. So if that was the case I should be playing at a much higher level. I’m a little confused if they mean playing LIMIT POKER OR NO LIMIT POKER???

But not having played much at the higher levels I’m a little worried about:

A. losing too much of my bankroll
B. I guess I don’t really know how good the players are at the higher levels. Is there that much of a difference?

But at some point most of us want to test ourselves. I guess I’m kind of there but a little nervous at the same time.

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Scottwire said...

300BB is for limit poker. NL usually you want 20 or 30 buy-ins.

You don't necessary need that though. Moving up is a big mental block for me as well. My suggestion would be don't look at it as moving up. Take a shot. If you normally play 2 or 3 tables at a time, make one of them the higher limit. If you lose or don't feel comfortable, step back down, get your confidence and try again.

My bankroll is waaaaaay above the limits I'm playing. I have a mental block playing higher limits. I just hate the thought of losing and having to grind it back at the lower level.

I am at a point where I feel comfortable playing in bigger games but I am not always confident.

What I've done is basically take shots when I see a good game. If the whole table is tight aggressive wait for another spot. Scout out a game with a couple of nuts and hope they don't draw out on you ;)

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way as Scott. In 100 or 200nl games i'm confident that I can easily make the $ back, so I might do stupid things early at a table.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home