< -----POKER GOLD-----: PSO League (after three events)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

PSO League (after three events)

I’ve played in two of the first three league events; I missed last Sunday because of Thanksgiving.

I started off ok in the first event, until I got a little too aggressive and overplayed a couple of hands and finished up the pack. The third event was worse. I had Mike J to the left of me at the start and I had to lay down a hand to him early I was on a flush draw after the flop but he pushed me all in and I folded, this dropped my chip stack from 1500 to about 960. I played a couple of small pots after that to get back to about 1050. Then I get AA, I raise it up from the 2nd position, everyone folds to the BB who calls. Rag flop (like 3, 7, 10) I bet out about 400 he calls. Nothing on the turn, now I’m down to about 400 and am all in. He calls and shows his 77. NO LUCK!

I now have 3.32 pts from event 1, zero for event 2, and 2.56 for event 3. Not a great start, but they are only using 3 of 8 tournaments. I’m fine playing Wed nights, but Sunday nights can be busy with family commitments. So I’ll give it a shot for another couple of weeks to see how I do.

I am finding this to be a really good test of my MTT play, and so far I’ve failed the test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home