< -----POKER GOLD-----: PSO League (Event #6)

Monday, October 23, 2006

PSO League (Event #6)

I played ok in this event, finishing in 20th spot.

When we got down to about 20 players I got moved to a new table sitting with around 3500 in chips. The first hand I play, Actyper goes allin with his 2100 chips. I had a hand but didn't want to risk it on the first hand at that table so I folded. (Actyper if you read this and remember what you had please share it) I was kicking myself for not calling. Blinds were up to 200-400 and I was getting crap and getting blinded. Decided to try a bit of an allin bluff in the SB position. MISTAKE..big blind calls and that puts me out of the tournament. In hindsight I think I should have been a little more patient. However most hands were being raised pre-flop so there wasn't much of a chance to see a cheap flop. I could have waited another orbit or two to see if I could catch a hand.

I'm still have a lot to learn on tournament play. This league is very good practice for me.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had 22. If that was the hand where the next hand I just limped in (with 66) and berated myself for making such a weak play.

In your shoes in normal situations, if a short stack goes in like that I would call with any pair, and prob AJs and above.

One thing I learned about playing mtts, and even much more so in the late stages of a mtt, play to win. A league scenario is different as standings matter, but since the top 5 or so is weighted more heavily, theres really no difference from 20th place to 10th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home