< -----POKER GOLD-----: US Ban

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

US Ban

It will be interesting to see what affect the US ban on online gaming has on the industry. There have been several online sites already that are banning US players from playing real $ on their sites, the two biggest being PartyPoker & 888 (Pacific Poker).

There has been lot’s of talk and discussion on the various forums especially from disgruntled US citizens. I am going to watch very carefully how this plays out.

As a Canadian, I’m not sure how this will affect me. Here are some thoughts:
1. Less traffic
2. Smaller sites closing or merging
3. Sites being more creative with their bonus offers for Non US players
4. I’m also going to consolidate some of my $ I have sitting around at various sites back to Neteller
5. I’m holding onto my Pokerroom tickets for a while as there could be some nice overlay if they also ban US players on their site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home