< -----POKER GOLD-----: Bankroll update – **%$#@

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bankroll update – **%$#@

I spent the first 2 ½ months of 2007 growing my bankroll slowly; up about $850 overall (play + bonuses) playing either $50NL or $100NL. What do I do this week on Paradise, start playing 200NL and lose a couple of hundred. So then I go on TILT and start playing on a $500NL table. Took a terrible allin beat. I had Pocket QQ and donkey had A7o, after nothing on the flop but 2 hearts I go allin and he calls. Needless to say he hit runner, runner hearts to make an A high flush. F-that, and I’m out. Had I won that pot I’d be in fantastic shape. BUT NO, I lose the $850 that took me all that time to make.

So now I’m forced to take another step back in limits and will have to grind out some profits & bonuses to get my bankroll respectable again.

This is a similar scenario to what happened in December at the $200NL tables. I just can’t seem to get over the hump with my bankroll to where I’d really be comfortable playing at higher levels. And the funny thing is that I think the players at the $500NL tables are worse than the $200NL players. I just can’t take the chance of losing another large amount or I’ll be playing $.05/.10 tables.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Yikes, sounds like my 500NL ordeal. Half of the 500NL players on crypto are just plain gamblers. The fact that were losing on beats at that level just puts me on more tilt. Had to step back down to 200NL myself as a lot of profit was chewed up moving to 500NL. Once I get my confidence back up, i'll be back there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home