< -----POKER GOLD-----: No Cruise for me

Friday, March 23, 2007

No Cruise for me

Last night was the Paradise poker cruise main event. (75 players) I played really decent and ended up finishing in 6th place; unfortunately it was winner take all so I got squat for 6th.

Took a bad beat about ¾ of the way through when I had a guy dominated with AQo vs. AJo allin preflop. Of course it’s 10,K,x, nothing on the turn and then you know what hit on the river…yes a Q to give him a strait.
I rebounded from that and when we got down to the final 8 or so it became a bit of an allin fest. My demise happened on this hand:
Blinds $600, $1200, $75ante.
I’m in the BB with AJo and everyone folds to the SB who raises to $4000 (he had about $21000 vs. my $12000) I push allin and he calls showing 2,3o.
Should be in great shape right...wrong (: a flop of 4, 5, x, then a 6, and finally a 7 to give him a strait.
Another sick beat to finish me off. Had I doubled up on him I’d be within a couple of thousand in chips from the leader and might have had a real shot of winning.

Still looking for my first MTT win(:

1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Ugly dude. That would put me on tilt for a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home