< -----POKER GOLD-----: April Update

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April Update

April was an interesting month for me. With Neteller closing to Canadian customers April 9, I felt if I was going to do some PSO promo’s, I better start them before the 9th, because I wasn’t sure if I could move money around very easily after that. I started & completed 3 promo’s each for 12000 PSO points. In the past I’ve tried to space out the promo’s to one every couple of months.

Here’s a summary:

Full Tilt – +$133 plus PSO points
UB – -$105 plus PSO points (but +$ from MTT) Thankfully I completed this promo before UB’s change to raked hand requirements.
PokerStars - +$95 plus PSO points. (I finally have a Stars account!)

I also did a small reload at Interpoker +$75 as well as the monthly bonus at William Hill +$115.

PSO Freerolls & League – I played in one $1000 freeroll and didn’t cash. I have also played in 4/5 league events. I have made 3 final tables with a third place finish in the last one. I don’t know how I lucked out finishing third but it happened. That’s an additional 9000 PSO points for third (Thanks PSO!) Unfortunately for me Wednesday night is a really bad night for me to play poker; that's why I missed last Wednesday’s game. I am going to have to try to make at least one of the last two Wednesday night games if I want to have a shot at an overall prize.

MTT’s - the only other tournament I played in the month of April was a $15 MTT at UB. It was a $3000 Guaranteed tournament with 199 players. I was short stacked around the bubble (paid top 20) but sqeaked into the $ and then got lucky when I tripled up shortly after that. I ended up finishing in 2nd place for $480. This was my biggest payout to date and I was very happy with this finish. I’m still looking for my first MTT win. It might be hard with me playing in very few of these (just a lack of time), but one day I will win one.

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Congrats on your recent MTT finishes! Feel free to join our club "Need Heads-UP Practice!" (myself, Dekar, riverrun).

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Saw the latest league standings, like I said after event 3, your looking good! Keep it up, 1 event left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home