< -----POKER GOLD-----: Getting Frustrated

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Getting Frustrated

I just can't break the hurdle of raising limits and sustaining or building my bankroll to a more significant level.

Here's the history over the past several months.

Grind up the bankroll by playing 25NL or 50NL and chasing $50 - $100 bonuses here and there. Get the bankroll up where I think I can and should be playing, which is usually 100NL and 200NL with the odd 400NL. Get crushed by a few bad beats and/or bad decisions (maybe go on tilt), lose a few buyins and then have to drop back down to the lower limits.

I've done this at least three or four times over the past 9 months, and when you drop 1/3 of your bankroll I feel like I've been wasting my time. I'm just spinning my wheels so to speak.

I enjoy playing the higher limits and feel I can compete. The mentality of most gamblers is that it's hard to drop down in wager size and I'm no different.

ie. betting $50 or $100/per game on football and then dropping down to $5. Or playing $25/hand BJ in Vegas and then playing $5.

It just doesn't feel right and you don't get the same satisfaction out of playing. But reality for me is that I won't totally jeopardise my bankroll to play higher limits, which is why I always drop down after I reach a certain level.

Not sure what to do???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home