< -----POKER GOLD-----: Where’s your game at?

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Where’s your game at?

After playing online poker for almost 3yrs. it’s interesting to reflect on where I’m at now. I started off bonus chasing and building a bankroll, usually at 25NL or 50NL. Now instead of flipping from site to site, I now find myself sticking to a couple of sites that I enjoy playing and where I’ve had the most success at, usually playing 100NL, 200NL with a little 500NL thrown in there.

I know a lot of people don’t like Paradise Poker, but I’ve had the most success at this site. I’ve also been playing a bit more at PokerStars, and have recently been playing a little 7 Card Stud there. I haven’t played 7 card stud online before, only in our home games, it’s been a nice change of pace from Texas Holdem. The other site I tend to play at is Interpoker, mainly because of the bonus & rakeback. I haven’t been as lucky at this site but haven’t been getting crushed either, usually making a small monthly profit. I still have a few sites through PSO that I want to try (Cake, Carbon) but I am in no rush to join them yet; especially after recently joining GNUF and having a bad experience there & dropping 5 bones.

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is that I want to play at a site that I’m comfortable with and feel I can win at. This is probably the case with a lot of players starting out; we chase bonuses and then realize that it’s important to play good poker and the bonuses aren’t as important as they once were. They are as the word is a "bonus".

I’d be interested to hear where you’re at with your game?

1 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Haven't made the jump to fulltime 400/500NL yet. I feel comfortable playing it but the variance can be killer, especially 6max which I play. I usually have 2 $200nl and 2 of the 400+NL as having 1600-2000 involved in a session at one time is nerve racking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home