< -----POKER GOLD-----: 2007 Poker Year in review & 2008 Goals

Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007 Poker Year in review & 2008 Goals

With only a few days left in 2007, I thought I would reflect on 2007 and share some goals for 2008.

2007 – I didn’t build my bankroll as much as I’d hoped to do.
2008 – My goal is to build my current bankroll (at least double it or hopefully triple it).

2007 - I moved up my NL game from $25 or $50 NL to mainly $100, $200, with some $400 & $500NL sessions. I also played a small amount of Limit games, mainly $2/4 with some $5/10 sessions as well. I feel I can play at the higher levels and enjoy playing there, however I took a few really bad beats and that reduced my bankroll to a point where I wasn’t comfortable and had to drop down a couple of notches on occasion.
2008 – Maintain the $100 or $200NL level of play & if I can double my bankroll by mid year then I’ll try the higher levels again.

2007 – I still haven’t won a big MTT (however I haven’t played in many either)
2008 – I plan to read more on tournament play & hopefully get my first win

2007 – I pretty much stuck with Texas Holdem until November when I was getting bored of Holdem & played a bit of 7 card stud.
2008 – I might read more on 7card stud and Omaha and play these different games for a little variety.

2007 – The first half of the year I played at quite a few sites, bonus chasing and doing PSO promos. The 2nd half I concentrated my play at a couple of sites.
2008 – I will continue to play like I did the 2nd half of 07 and may add a couple of new sites like Cake. I will continue trying to play better poker and building my bankroll that way instead of bonus chasing. I will still take the extra bonus when it’s offered at a site I want play at. I am very glad I didn’t chase promos like the Wingows one. I don’t need the hassles like a lot of players are having with them.

2007 – I funded a trip to Vegas with my poker winnings.
2008 – I will probably do another trip to Vegas this summer. Funding already in place.

Happy New Year and all the best at the tables in 2008!

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have a poker blog too, trying to exchange links with as many poker players as possible. My site is http://www.eurekakid.com, I’d love to link your site (http://pokergold.blogspot.com/), let me know if you want to trade links and I’ll get yours up right away.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home