< -----POKER GOLD-----: Cake Poker review

Monday, February 11, 2008

Cake Poker review

I decided to do the Cake promo through PSO. Here’s a review of the site after 10 days of playing on it. I’ve been playing a mix of $100NL & $200NL only 2 tables at a time.

First the positives:
I really like the software, it’s easy to use and the filters are very good. It tracks your bonus really well. They have a couple of gimmicky things; gold coins and gold cards, which I think are good.

Now for the negatives:
You can’t resize the tables.
Players are getting MONSTER hands…I’ll explain

What a rollercoaster ride I’ve been on. After the first 5 days I was up around $250; mainly because my hands were holding up. The last five days have been terrible and I’m now down $400 of my $. I’ve been sucked out and taken so many bad beats it’s sickening. Players tend to push allin a lot on the site and here's few of mine where players pushed on me.

Here’s a few examples of having my $ allin preflop.
QQ vs. 99 (9 on flop) LOSE
AA vs. 77 (77 on flop) LOSE
AK vs KJ (KXX on Flop, I push him allin, J on river) LOSE
Many more like this as well.

These are just a few examples and there were PLENTY of post flop allin’s where the guy hit his miracle river card while we had all our $ in after the flop and/or turn.

This weekend, in about 500 hands, I saw 7 players get quads. (4 of them within ½ hr) I can’t remember ever seeing this many quads on other sites this frequently. I witnessed multiple player’s allin preflop with AA vs. KK. (which isn’t that uncommon) but it seemed to happen very very often here. Or even better AA or KK vs. middle pair and the guy hitting his middle pair set to win. I could almost call it every time.

I’m not sure if sites can set the randomness of the cards coming out, but I’ve seen some HUGE hands on this site.

Thoughts from anyone on this?

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't resize table? that will suck!
is it normal table size?

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes..so lot's of overlap

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger actyper said...

No haven't really seen what you described yet. Yesterday I did see a 99 vs TT. 99T flop. Turn T. Trying to remember what site it was now, I think crypto.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had AA and gone all in PF and watched the other guy have AA 2x in the past 2 days there....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home