< -----POKER GOLD-----: Time to Regroup

Friday, March 07, 2008

Time to Regroup

I continued my horrendous play over the first weekend in March. My confidence is shaken and I think I’m pushing too much; generally taking too many chances. I think I’m Gambling too much, trying to get my losses back quickly. Any gamblor knows this is a bad sign and doesn’t usually work.

I decided to start the Carbon Poker promo this week. I plan to grind away at this promo at the 100NL level. So far I’ve been way more patient, and I’ve folded a few marginal hands that I’ve been playing lately…things like mid pair when there has been a raise, re-raise situation or A 10o in early position. I’ve played hands like that recently trying to get lucky (hit a set,etc)…and I’ve been bleeding away $ doing it.

I really enjoy Carbon so far. They offer a great tracking system for your Comp points as well as showing you how many points you need to qualify for their large freerolls. The one drawback is that their traffic is kind of light. Only a couple of 100NL tables going and it looks like the same players playing on a regular basis, who also seem to know one another. I even had one guy ask me if I was new.

Back to the Grind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home